When the chicken gets combined with coriander, tart lime juice, brown sugar, cumin, and crushed red pepper, it makes up for a delicious chicken fajita kebabs.
- 1/2 cup packed coarsely chopped cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1/3 cup lime juice from about 6 limes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes (see note above)
- 1 large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large white onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes and separated into 3-layer segments
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes prior to use
• Put coriander, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, salt, cumin, and crushed red pepper in the jar of a blender and make a smooth puree. Put diced chicken in a resealable plastic bag put in the marinade and seal the bag after pushing out as much air as possible. Place it in a refrigerator and leave it for a least 1 hour to 5 hours.
• Thread chicken on a skewer, alternating it with diced onion and capsicum.
• Light up your chimney with full charcoal, when charcoal is all lit and covered with grey ash take out coal and spread it evenly over the entire surface of coal grate. Put cooking grate in place cover the grill and allow it to preheat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, you can clean and oil the grill. Keep the temperature of your grill between 160-165°F on an instant-read thermometer, 3-4 minutes per side and grill chicken skewer kebabs until they are brown on all sides.
• Serve chicken skewers with your favourite dip.