2016 was a great year regarding fashion. Indian designers took a different approach towards ethnic couture. In the year 2016, Bollywood followed international fashion and sported them like it’s ‘no big deal’. From Bollywood divas to fashion bloggers all of them were handcuffed by these highlights. So scroll through and check out the trends that ruled this year.
1. Chokers: Chokers tops the list of 2016 fashion trends. From classic black velvet and wired chokers to diamonds and shoelace chokers, they all became the “it” thing in 2016.
2. Bomber Jackets: Bollywood divas sported bomber jackets like a queen. Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone and Alia Bhatt were seen carrying out these look, and it took this trend no time to make its entry in our wardrobes.
3. Off-Shoulders: Everything that was off shoulders was on trend! Off shoulders took all eyes and all adored it.
4. Logos: Logos, Everywhere! Logos were literally everywhere, and it wouldn’t be wrong to say that logo nostalgia was so much real in 2016! Our hoodies, t-shirts got an old school treatment and needless to say we were all impressed by it.
5. Slip Dresses: Slip dresses took over summer 2016 and created 90s vibes. These dresses ruled both daywear and nightwear scenes.
6. Loafers: Flat shoes prevailed as one of the top contenders when it comes to footwear. The trend was embraced by both men and women.
7. Statement Earrings: From oversized hoops and plastic baubles and tassels, big earrings were the hot thing this year. S they say ‘the bigger, the better.