From jaw-dropping natural wonders to ethereal landscapes, our planet owns it all. While finding every awe-inspiring place could literally take an entire lifetime, here are 10 beautiful places that you must see in your lifetime—even if you have to rob a bank
1. Snæfellsjökull, Iceland’s Icy Wonder–Desolate and mystical, Snæfellsjökull in western Iceland is a huge glacier with perches atop a 700,000-year-old composite volcano, Snaefell. Its pristine white caves and glaciers have to be seen to be believed, and it’s famously used as the entry point in “Journey to the Center of the Earth” by Jules Verne.
2. Palawan Island, Jewel of the Philippines
With its pristine lagoons and natural limestone cliffs, it’s not surprising that Palawan Island made the top of Conde Nast Traveler’s “Best Islands in the World” list in 2015.
3. Venice–Venice is famous for its waterways, and it’s still hard to beat the beauty of its sunlit canals. The waterways traverse the entire city, and its stone palaces rise from the water as if by magic.
4. Ashikaga Flower Park, A Pastel Vision in Japan- Located in the small city of Ashikaga, the Ashikaga Flower Park is the oldest wisteria garden in Japan. For a few weeks annually, the park’s wisteria trees bloom, creating a brilliant canopy of pastel purples and pinks in one of the most beautiful places.
5. Brecon Beacons National Park, the Natural Beauty of Wales– Around the mountain range of the same name in South Wales, Brecon Beacons National Park gives you access to medieval castles, tranquil waterfalls and rolling hills. It’s also a famous site for stargazing at night.
6. Kolukkumalai Tea Estate, A Star of India–The Kolukkumalai Tea Estate is in Munnar, a town of rolling hills in India’s Kerala province. Sitting at more than 8,000 feet above sea level, the Kolukkumalai estate is a rolling cascade of green and the highest tea estate in the world.
7. Bryce Canyon, Utah’s Natural Stunner– Bryce Canyon National Park is a vast reserve in the south part of Utah in the United States. This park is famous for its must-see orange and red layered rock pillar formations in a spiral shape that dominate its spiralling landscape.
8. Cliffs of Moher, Ireland’s View to the Sea– The Cliffs of Moher are in the south-west part of Ireland and offer visitors stunning formations and a beautiful view of the water. The cliffs themselves are made of sandstone and Namurian shale.
9. Pyramids of Giza, A True Egyptian Eye-Catcher– Talking about the most beautiful places in the world and leaving out the architectural wonder that is the Pyramids of Giza would be a crime. Situated near the City of Giza in Egypt, these towering wonders include the Great Pyramid of Giza.
10. Okavango Delta, Botswana’s Eden– The Okavango Delta is a lush expanse of land that almost seems like a real-world Eden. Its grasslands and waterways mingle against the backdrop of roaming wildlife, including buffaloes, rhinos and zebras.