Having healthy bedtime routine is tough to create, but it will be worth it when sleep starts to come more easily.
1. Stretch: If you spend hours on desk or driving, bend over and stretch as your body needs to relax a bit. Just five minutes of stretching your body before bed will assist in winding down before bed.
2. Read: Most of are fond of reading before bedtime, for others who are not, it is advisable to read. Studies prove that reading before bed reduces your stress by up to 68%, so even reading just for 6 minutes can help you improve your sleep.
3. Write a gratitude journal: Studies show that writing a gratitude journal for 15 min every night helps people worry less and sleep longer. You will feel at peace definitely be grateful for what you have and where you are in your life.
4. Take a relaxing hot shower: Taking a hot shower before bed is the great way to relax your muscles and end your day on a stress-free note.
5. Unplug: Not only the light from the electronic devices that you use hampers the quality of your sleep, but it can also increase your amount of stress.
6. Meditate: Keeping your eyes closed and spending 5 to 10 minutes in a comfortable position, breathing into your belly makes you ready for bed. You can also put some soothing music that will help you relax.