Millions of photographs are taken every day, but only a few are strong enough to evoke a powerful feeling of emotion from within. Here are some historical pictures that were taken during perfect moments to become truly unforgettable and heart wrenching. These pictures have a life, they speak of words unspoken and break your heart no matter whenever you see them.
1) This picture 17-year-old girl offering a flower to the soldiers during the Pentagon Anti-War Protest in October 1967 shows how wars effect everyone.
2) A Korean woman bursts into tears after receiving her husband’s body after about 63 years. Army Sgt. 1st Class Joseph Gantt served in the army and died as a PoW during the Korean War in 1951.
3) Robert Peraza falls on his knees and cries as he touches the name of his son at the 9/11 memorial.
4) John F Kennedy Junior saluting his father’s coffin during his funeral. JFK was assassinated on Nov 22, 1963.
5) A South Korean cries as his relative from North Korean is about to leave. There was a temporary 3-day reunion allowed after 60 years for families across the border to meet each other.
6) A Russian soldier playing an abandoned piano in Chechnya, 1994.
7) A soldier rescues a 4-month old baby after she went missing for 4 days after the Japanese Tsunami in 2011.
8) A man falling off from the World trade Center during the 9/11 attack.
9) A violinist crying while playing at a 9/11 memorial service in Vancouver.
10) A Chinese paramilitary recruit cries before he is being sent on service.
11) A Russian war veteran gets nostalgic at the war tank where he stayed during the war. The tank is now a museum.
12) A monk praying for a man who died while waiting for the train.