Do we all not love beautiful layered cakes? This Chocolate Cake with ganache and strawberries in the mid layer and topping is one of the best combinations of chocolate and strawberries ever!
This Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cake is simple to bake, and it’s fluffy texture and ganache makes it even richer.
1 cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 ½ cup plain yoghurt
2¼ cups flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
For Chocolate Ganache:
160ml heavy cream
160g chocolate chips or grated chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Brush oil into two 6” round cake pans and line their bottoms with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine eggs and sugar in an electric mixer and mix until creamy.
- Add in oil and yoghurt. Mix well.
- Now add flour into the mixing bowl and mix all of the ingredients well.
- Add baking powder, cocoa powder and milk powder. Mix well till everything is combined well.
- Now, divide the batter into two pans and bake for 30-40 mins each. Check by piercing toothpick into the centre.
- Once baked, take them out of the oven and let them cool for about 10 minutes. After 10-15 minutes, remove the pans carefully and let them cool completely.
- Put chocolate chips in a bowl
- On one pan, heat the heavy cream until it boils and pour it over the chocolate chips. Stir until it has a smooth texture.
- Let it cool in a room temperature.
- The fun part: Spread 1/4th of your chocolate ganache on the first cake, wait for 10 minutes to allow ganache to set.
- Slice strawberries neatly and place them on the chocolate ganache you have spread on the first cake.
- Now place the second cake on the strawberries. Gently press the sponge.
- Pour the leftover ganache over it, and then place rest of the strawberries nicely on the top.
- Garnish as you like!