Here’s the exciting news for all the Globetrotters, Lonely Planet India has revealed its latest ‘Best In Travel’ selections for 2017, which means that there’s now a brand new list of countries to explore.
Guess what, while you were busy sorting out plans for the year 2017, Lonely Planet was doing the same!
Canada has been termed as the destination, while there are other countries which follow.
“First, it’s the country’s biggest birthday party in recent memory with the sesquicentennial next year, and they won’t be shy about celebrating,” Lonely Planet’s Canada Destination Editor Alex Howard told us. “Also, international travellers can expect their money to go further due to the weak Canadian dollar, so now is the time to start planning a trip.”
Columbia is ranked second, after Canada, thanks to its “cinematic colonial preservation, Towering Andean peaks, lush Amazonian forest and enigmatic, jungle-hidden ruins.”
Following are the other countries in the list:
1. Canada: Canda’s stunning Banff National Park is the must visit. The turquoise blue water body with mountains and pines will surely take your breath away!
2. Colombia: Cartagena, the city of rich cultural heritage, is situated on Colombia’s Carribean coast. The site is famous for its colonial architecture.
3. Finland: Finland is blessed with a unique landscape. When in the country, you need to experience a cross-country skiing which is the major part of Finnish culture.
4. Dominica: This underdeveloped holiday destination must be explored before the holiday resort arrives in 2018.
5. Nepal: Nepal is serene and peaceful. Lake Pokhara is the main attraction of the country. This lake lies close to three of the world’s highest mountains.
6. Bermuda: Bermuda’s Crystal Cave is one of the island’s most stunning natural attractions that is not to be missed.
7. Mongolia: Gorkhi-Terelj National Park is considered to be one of this country’s most scenic treks. When in Mongolia this trek is not to be missed.
8. Oman: Visit Oman for the beautiful culture and serene Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque. Situated in the capital city of Muscat this spectacular destination catches your attention.
9. Myanmar: Myanmar is known its Buddhist culture and is considered as one of the impressive archaeological sites in the world.
10. Ethiopia: The land of history, Ethiopia has so much to offer to all the history buffs.