We all admire chocolates and love them when they come in a form of rich, moist, fudgy, and super chocolatey cakes. So, how about a Vegan Chocolate Cake?
Free from all dairy products, this indulgent chocolate cake topped with creamy frosting is simply a gift for the kind hearted vegans.
This chocolate cake is epic.
Prepare to have your chocolate needs met for your life!
2½ Cups Purpose Flour
2½ Cups White Sugar
1 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2⅔ Cups Soy Milk
⅔ Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Vegan Butter
1¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 – 2 tsp Non-Dairy Milk (if needed)
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C).
- Prepare two 8″ round baking pans and brush oil into them lightly greasing them, and then cutting a circle of parchment paper to fit into the bottom.
- In a large bowl whisk together Flour, White Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt
- In another medium bowl mix Soy Milk, Vegetable Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Vanilla Extract and then set it aside.
- Pour all the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix till it is well combined. Don’t over mix.
- Divide the batter into the prepared pans. Put them in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes, check by piercing it with the toothpick.
Let the cakes cool completely before frosting.
- Combine all the frosting ingredients (except for the dairy milk). Blend and mix them until it is creamy. Now, if your frosting is a bit too stiff, add just 1 to 2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk.
- Remove cake sponges from the baking tin.
- Place one cake sponge on your cake plate and spread half of the frosting on the top.
- Place the second cake on the op of the first cake and spread all the remaining frosting on the top.
- You can make patterns on the cake using knife, spoon or even fork to make it look pretty.
- Refrigerate it until you are ready to serve